Rethinking Psychoanalysis, A Fair Assessment

Dr. Otto Kernberg discusses Psychoanalysis in the following video.  Kernberg provides students and professionals with an interesting way to think about treating personality disorders. 

Unfortunately, many people have negative ideas about Psychoanalysis, but it is best to learn about this foundational theory from experts in the field.  Thus, I am challenging students and professionals to get acquainted with the divergent ways of conceptualizing psychology.  I find it interesting how looking at a problem from another angle helps me to answer questions and form solutions.  While I do not adhere to psychoanalysis, I learned a great deal from this lecture series, which is also available in Spanish and German on YouTube.

                                        Watch closely and take notes. 

 

In the second video, Dr. Kernberg begins talking at the podium 7 minutes into the video. 



Popular Posts